I am an unintended consequence.
I have loads of money. I own four properties free and clear. I have no debt. My credit file is impeccable. I have a credit score of 760.
And I was just turned down for a mortgage.
Not just any mortgage, but a cash-out refinance of less than six figures on a foreclosure I bought for cash, rehabbed and turned back on the market as a rental. Furthermore, I was only asking for a loan-to-value ratio of 70%, meaning I was leaving 30% of the home's value as equity. And I was rejected.